Eggless Fudge Brownies




Being up to the neck in studies for the last fifteen days, I was itching to bake something this weekend.

So I decided to bake some fudge brownies for a tasty change from the extravagant layer cakes that I usually make.

So I fired up the oven, put on the radio, wore my old flowery apron and was collecting the ingredients when I realised that I did not have eggs, curd, bananas and flour.

But with brownies in my mind and my baking mood all set, I decided to go ahead and use whatever I had on hand. The result wasn't disappointing.





The brownies turned out fudgy all right, with a gooey middle and a slightly cracked top which is oh-so-brownie-esh.



Wondering where that sinful dark hue came from?  *psst psst* thank mascarpone cheese for it.
Because of the addition of mascarpone to the batter, the brownies turned out more black than brown. But no one was complaining though.



I had mine with a scoop of good ol' vanilla ice cream and hot chocolate sauce, but I think a glass of cold milk would work just as well, no?

Here is the recipe.

Eggless fudge brownies


Ingredients


  • 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 1 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tbsp instant coffee powder
  • 1/2 + 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
  • 1 tbsp vanilla
  • 4 tsp white vinegar
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chopped nuts

Method

  • Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
  • Mix all the wet ingredients in a seperate bowl.
  • Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix well.
  • Fold in the chocolate chips/chopped nuts if using.
  • Pour into a prepared pan (lined,greased and floured) and bake for 15-20 minutes at 170 C until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with a few crumbs (since we want a chewy texture and not cakey).
  • Let it cool then cut into squares.
Note: I cooked my brownies in two batches as my pan was quite small. You can use a pan as per your preference.

Happy indulgence! XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts