Wanderlust


The salty wind in my hair and the cool sea swirling around my ankles as I watch the amber orb setting into the horizon. There is complete quiet but for the sound of the rushing tides. Peace. All is at peace...


Tucking into a plateful of flaky malabar parathas which melt in your mouth. Taking it a little easy with the fiery rasam. All this as I observe the swaying coconut trees and the occasionally passing fisherman...



The snow is as white as it can be. My ruddy cheeks feel the  biting chill in the mountain air as I rush down the slope in the makeshift sleigh with my dad, all the while laughing uncontrollably...



I try not to squint as I strike a pose in front of the famed monument, the sun is unbearable. But I smile nevertheless, all teeth showing...

My tummy fails to give in as I gorge  on parathas after parathas, washing it all down with a tall glass of buttermilk. At the same time contemplating whether to order sarson ka saag or dal makhani. An appetite I always never knew I had...


Strolling down the marketplaces selling over-priced kitschy souvenirs. Sampling the heavenly street food on offer at various beach shacks sprinkled around the shore. Lazing around in the hammock the whole day as the sun rays play hide and seek. Returning with a tan as a travel keepsake...



You may be wondering why I'm writing ambiguous paragraphs about unknown places. I will tell you.Because these ambiguous paragraphs are a part of my 16 year old memories. Insignificant maybe, but memories nonetheless, jotted down carefully in my travel diaries. Every time I travel, I add a page in my treasured travel journal.


Another reason to travel more, explore more, live more.

Comments

Popular Posts