Let it be Christmas


Yay!
Its only 25 days and 3 hours till Christmas!
Christmas for me means days of gluttonous indulging in the best yummiest delicious-est awesom-est fare. (yes, I like inventing words,specially when I'm describing food.)

Usually at this time of the year, I start obsessing about all things christmas-y. And I don't know why but I find a large stuff-my-mouth bite of my favourite peanut butter muffin so christmas-y.

So when I found a whole jar of peanut butter lying uneaten in the cupboard, I knew what I had to do.
The fact that brother completely loathes peanut butter, was an added advantage; I get to eat them all by myself (though I don't think my stomach would be so happy. It usually responds to indulgences of these kinds by not letting me fit into my favourite denims).




Yum.


I totally loved the nutty texture of the muffins. Just for some added fun, I swirled some chocolate syrup on top. The combo of the peanuts and chocolate was very mind-blowing.


Oh! and did I tell you that the warm muffins tasted amazing with a cup of steaming black coffee? ;)


Here is the recipe for these absolutely peanutty (if that's the word) muffins.

Crunchy Peanut Butter Muffins


Ingredients
·         1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
·         2/3 cup packed brown sugar
·         2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
·         1/4 teaspoon salt
·         1 egg
·         3/4 cup  milk
·         2/3 cup chunky peanut butter (any other variant would do just as well)
·         1/4 cup canola/vegetable oil
·         1-1/2 teaspoons
·         Chocolate syrup
·         2/3 cup unsalted peanuts
Directions
1.    In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, peanut butter, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Gently fold in the peanuts.
2.    Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. 
Bake and share the love!
I better finish mine.

Comments

Popular Posts